- 28 May 2022
- 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
MAKE A LAMPSHADE
In this two-hour creative workshop, you’ll join MADE’s Fiona Lambert to make a beautiful rolled-edge lampshade, ready to use (although some finishing is sometimes required at home). There’s no sewing!
You should bring along a piece of light to medium weight fabric such as cotton or linen and, if you have them, a pair of general purpose or dressmaking scissors. We can supply scissors and cutting tools so don’t worry if you don’t have anything suitable.
You will learn how to:
- Position your fabric on the lampshade, thinking about pattern placement and repeats
- Adhere your fabric onto the laminate panel used to make the shade
- Hand roll the covered panel on to the lampshade rings, expertly tucking the fabric under the rings to make the perfect shade
You will go home with a wonderful bespoke lampshade and the skills to make many more!
*** The tuition fee does not include the lampshade kit. There are two sizes of shades to choose from, 30cm and 45cm diameter. The kits are an additional £12 and £15 respectively. ***
The minimum required fabric sizes are,
- 30cm – Fabric 970mm wide x 255mm + 20mm all round
- 45cm – Fabric 1454mm wide x 298mm + 20mm all round
Refreshments are included, for when you need a little break. The workshop will be delivered following current COVID guidelines. Spaces are limited so early booking is advised.