- 22 Jan 2022
- 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
MAKE A LAMPSHADE
In this two-hour creative workshop, you’ll join MADE’s Fiona Lambert to make a beautiful rolled-edge lampshade, ready to use (although some finishing is sometimes required at home). There’s no sewing!
You should bring along a piece of light to medium weight fabric such as cotton or linen and, if you have them, a pair of general purpose or dressmaking scissors. We can supply scissors and cutting tools so don’t worry if you don’t have anything suitable.
You will learn how to:
- Position your fabric on the lampshade, thinking about pattern placement and repeats
- Adhere your fabric onto the laminate panel used to make the shade
- Hand roll the covered panel on to the lampshade rings, expertly tucking the fabric under the rings to make the perfect shade
You will go home with a wonderful bespoke lampshade and the skills to make many more!
The tuition fee does not include the lampshade kit. There are two sizes of shades to choose from, 30cm and 45cm diameter. The kits are an additional £12 and £15 respectively.
The minimum required fabric sizes are,
- 30cm – Fabric 970mm wide x 255mm + 20mm all round
- 45cm – Fabric 1454mm wide x 298mm + 20mm all round
Refreshments are included, for when you need a little break. The workshop will be delivered following current COVID guidelines. Spaces are limited so early booking is advised.